Alaric is known to many in the town and he’s greeted as the group waits to cross the river. Among the waiting ferry passengers are workers ready to start another day of construction on the expansion to the Fort. Also catching the ferry are guards coming back from a few days furlough. Most of the goods going across were food stuffs and other necessary items the Fort would need. Once everything was packed the ferry set off and crossed to the other side of the river.
Walking through the camps near the river outside the fort, the groups’ senses were assailed by the smell of cooking fires and the noises of the early stirrings of the camp. Breakfast was being served to the multitude and meals would soon be prepared for lunch. Once past this, the group made their way towards the only permanent structures outside the Fort – a tavern, a warehouse, a stable and a stockade. At the tavern, called the Drunken Moth, they enquired of the barkeep (Ernie) a drink and some local gossip. At some point the conversation came around to the dead scout and they were told that many of the rangers and scouts used by the Fort were locals and regulars at The Moth. The local gossip had nothing strange going on out in the wilderness to the north, however, other directions were promising… The calm before the storm perhaps?
Not long after this, with supplies gathered, the group set out northwards following what they judged to be the correct path as indicated from the dead scouts’ journal.
Rumours and Information Gathered
- Rumour – Caravan attacked to the west with no survivors. The caravan was travelling from Baca to Arian.
- Poster – Gavin Linkerly wanted for questioning in a number of high class thefts in Baca. Reward offered for his location and or apprehension (there is a poor drawing of the man’ face on the poster as well).
- Poster – Guards wanted for caravan and barge duty. Enquiry at the local office of the Trimbole Consortium for more details. Offices in Baca, Parp and Two Towns.
- Rumour – once work is finished at the Fort the construction crews will travel west and begin the same expansion at Fort Brandt.
- Poster – Like the Wilderness and exploring uncharted lands? Become a scout for the Timiro Kingdom and be paid to map the lands beyond the northern Timiro border. See the Master Sergeant in Fort Akar for details.
- Rumour – The Fort’s extensions can mean only one thing; acquisition of new territory! Adventurers will soon be needed to go into the Old Kingdom. Imagine the wealth and knowledge one could find!!
- Rumour – there has been an increase in banditry all along the border with the Kingdom of Peningshir. Talk has it that the last bad harvest has the people close to starvation while the nobility live well without a care in the world.
- Rumour – A member of the Order of the Crow was recently in Bryne. The Order is made up of Magic Users and no one knows what his purpose was for stopping here. He stayed a few days then is believed to have crossed the river.